If you’re coming along to one of our purrrfect children’s shows this season, you’ll have noticed something of a theme – cats! Whether it’s The Owl & The Pussycat’s Treasury of Nonsense (Sat 13th Feb) or Puss In Boots (Weds 30th March) we’ve got some furry facts that’ll be like a scratch behind the ears for your little ones!
1) In 1995 a green kitten was found in Denmark! Drinking water with lots of a chemical called copper changed the colour of their fur. You must never give your kitten anything but clean water – but you can try this experiment to make magic colour changing flowers!
2) Your cat can make over 100 different noises: purr, meow….can you make some up?
3)The biggest house cat is called a Maine Coon.
4) Cats say hello to each other by rubbing their noses together. I think I prefer a handshake….
5) Cats with their eyes closed might not be snoozing – closed eyes can mean the cat is very happy. Blinking slowly at a cat is a great way to say “I love you” in cat! But don’t stare! Cats (and a lot of humans) can think you are angry at them.
6) Cats are extremely intelligent and can be trained, though they’re often not as interested in learning tricks as dogs! This doesn’t mean they aren’t smart though, take a look at this clever kitty: