With the recent government advice, we want to do our utmost to ensure the health and safety of our audiences, staff, performers and wider community. For the foreseeable future, all of our events must adhere to social distancing guidelines. This page will be updated regularly to ensure customers are clear on the current processes helping to keep everyone safe. If you would like to know more about the social distancing guidelines, you can do so via the government website.
The key sections are:
- General Information
- What We Have Done
- Socially Distanced Seating
- One-way system
- Food and Drink
There is some important information that all customers planning on visiting Arlington Arts must remember and adhere to:
- If you are feeling unwell, particularly with symptoms of COVID-19, please do NOT visit the venue.
- Please bring as few possessions as possible. Our cloakroom will not be open to reduce potential contact and keeping the auditorium clutter free will also help reduce chances of transmission.
- You MUST wear a face covering when inside the venue. Masks are available to purchase from the Box Office for £1.50.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided on arrival and exit, before and after using the toilets or lift and as often as you like.
- If you pick up a leaflet/programme please take it with you.
- Contactless payment is preferred at the bar.
- If you know anyone interested in attending an event, please make them aware tickets must be purchased in advance.
- If you make a reservation, we will be contacting customers to make payment prior to the show date.
What we have done
- We have signs posted around the venue with clear instructions should you forget some of the guidance on arrival. Please follow the instructions, they are there to help keep you and others as safe as possible.
- The performers have also been given strict instructions on how they can help keep transmission and contact low.
- The venue will undergo a deep clean after every performance.
- Staff will be regularly cleaning hand rails, doors and spaces within the venue that people are likely to become in contact with.
Socially distanced seating
- Going forward, we will be operating with a socially distanced seating plan which you can see below.
- Maximum seated capacity is now just under 50% at 118 to remain compliant with social distancing guidelines. Please note seats marked ‘X’ are unavailable for booking, to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- To reduce the chances of transmission, Arlington Arts will now be operating with e-tickets only. When you purchase your tickets, you shall receive an order confirmation with a link to your downloadable tickets. Copy and paste this link to your address bar and hit enter.
- Your tickets will begin to download. Click on the file at the bottom of your browser and your tickets should appear, it will look like the example below:
- You can either print the ticket off and bring it with you to be scanned at a safe distance or alternatively, we can scan the ticket from a mobile device.
- You will only be allowed a maximum of 6 tickets per party.
- The contact details on your order will be used for NHS Test & Trace should anyone that has visited the venue have a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- There will be a one-way system in place whilst you are in the building. This system will be shown clearly via signs throughout the venue, please respect the one-way system and if you need clarification, ask a member of staff.
Food and drink
Due to the recent government announcement we are required to make changes to how we serve food and drink at the venue. In line with current guidance alcohol can only be purchased and consumed at a table, so for the foreseeable future we will be offering PRE ORDER, TABLE SERVICE ONLY for all food and drink. Customers who wish to pre-order drinks, will be allocated a table and arrival time, enabling us to offer this service to all ticket holders whilst adhering to social distancing guidelines.
Unfortunately, drinks cannot be removed from the tables and therefore cannot be taken into the auditorium. The restrictions also make it very difficult for us to safely offer refreshments to all customers during our shows with intervals – so for the foreseeable future there will be no food and drink service during intervals.
All customers attending upcoming shows will be sent information on how to pre-order, book your table and pay for your refreshments.
- All refreshments can only be consumed whilst seated at a table.
- Face coverings must be worn when entering the venue, in the auditorium and can only be removed once sat at a table whilst enjoying your refreshments.
- ID will be requested when serving drinks – in line with Challenge 25.
- You will not be able to order any drinks on the night. Tap water will be available for all customers, upon request.
- If you do not wish to enjoy refreshments with us before the show, on arrival you will be directed straight through to the auditorium to take your seats. Please arrive in plenty of time so we can get you seated safely.
If you have any questions regarding the information on this page, please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com or 01635 244246.